NWT Squash is currently seeking one female Team Manager to complement our high performance team at the 2023 Canada Winter Games in Charlottetown, PEI. The selected coach and manager must include one male and one female.
Please note that NWT Squash is still in the process of determining if a female team will be attending CWG 2023. If a female team will not attend CWG 2023, then the services of a Team Manager may not be required.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a group and meeting environment.
- Experience travelling with junior players and supporting juniors team training environment.
- Experience motivating in a team competition/environment.
- Prior experience at national level competitions would be an asset.
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions (CERTIFIED)*
- NCCP Managing Conflict (CERTIFIED)
*any costs incurred to be paid by NWT Squash
- Priority will be given to candidates currently living and inspiring squash in the Northwest Territories.
- Travel with the Canada Games squash team to a tune-up tournament likely in February 2023.
- Be available for select pre-GAMES training camps, and the week of the Canada Winter Games - February 18-26, 2023 on PEI.
- Provide courtside support as requested by the head coach
- Stay with the female team athletes in the GAMES accommodations
- Support chaperoning players during the GAMES
All team personnel to have completed:
- Coach.ca’s online Safe Sport training
- Canadian Centre for Child Protection’s Commit to Kids on-line module
- NCCP’s Making Headway and/or CATT Online (Concussion Awareness Training Tool)
- Canadian Women in Sport’s Keeping Girls in Sport e-learning module
Successful applicants will be required to provide a Vulnerable Persons sector - Criminal Records Check to NWT Squash/Team NT.
Expressions of interest must be received by September 21, 2022
Applicants can send expressions of interest to: email@example.com.