Want to be a part of Team NWT? Looking to improve your coaching abilities and work with the territory’s best young squash players?
NWT Squash is currently seeking one head coach to lead our high performance team at the 2023 Canada Winter Games in Charlottetown, PEI. We will seeking expressions of interest for a manager at a later date.
The selected coach and manager must include one male and one female.
- Competition Stream, Development Context (certified status) in Squash.
- Coaches must be so certified no later than 90 days prior to the opening ceremony (November 20, 2022).
- Demonstrated organizational, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a group and meeting environment.
- Experience travelling with junior players and in working within a junior team training environment.
- Prior experience at national level competitions would be an asset.
- Experience coaching in a team competition/environment.
- Priority will be given to candidates currently living and coaching squash in the Northwest Territories.
- Run at least one weekend training session in Yellowknife in advance of the 2023 Canada Winter Games.
- Travel with the Canada Games team to a tune-up tournament likely in February 2023.
- Assist with the selection of the Canada Games team in accordance with NWT Squash policy.
- Assist with selecting the playing order for the Canada Games team.
- Be available for the week of the Canada Games - February 26 to March 5, 2023.
All team personnel to have completed:
- Coach.ca’s online Safe Sport training
- Canadian Centre for Child Protection’s Commit to Kids on-line module Assist with the selection of the Canada Games team in accordance with NWT Squash bylaws.
- NCCP’s Making Headway and/or CATT Online (Concussion Awareness Training Tool)
- Canadian Women in Sport’s Keeping Girls in Sport e-learning module
- Successful applicants will be required to provide criminal records checks to NWT Squash.
- Expressions of interest must be received by October 31, 2021.
- Applicants can send expressions of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.